So, we had girls night tonight, and much to my disappointment, only three of us showed up. Apparently I'm one of the only mom's that wants a night away from not only her kids, but the hubby too. And with GIRLS. Sigh. Anyway....We were supposed to go bowling, but with only three of us there, we ditched the alley and decided to go catch a flick instead. With not much out there that was appealling we decided on the Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer. My friend, Fonda's, hubby was going to go see it later tonight anyway, so she thought she'd squeeze it in before he went. As his hubby was at my hubby's house with all of the kids, I bought a 9:15 ticket for Jaysen too so he could go with Matt after we got done at the theater. (Did that make sense) Anyway...I was feeling guilty going to see this without Jaysen because he was really wanting to see it, and honestly, it wasn't on my list of must-sees for the summer. I haven't even seen the first Fantastic 4!
So, I had no expectations whatsoever about this movie, and only knew the basic gist of it because of my 7 year old. But, all in all, it was a pretty good movie. It had all of the super hero stuff in it, and a good overall "moral" to the story. And, it kept you going and was....ONLY 1 hr. 35 min. long! So much better than 2 hr. 45 min. like some other movies I previously blogged about. ;0)
Anyway...the three of us had a fabulous time at the movie for girls night. Fonda is in charge next month...so we'll see what's in store for us then!





2 comments:
I am so sorry I missed out, even as I am reading this and commenting, Tyler is still not home, one of these times, I will join you. He works every other weekend doing the Planetarium shows. Anyway, glad it was fun.
I thought the first one was lame. I've read that the second one is lamer. I'll probably end up seeing it anyway. I'm such a sucker.
Post a Comment