Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Primary Activity Day


Today we had our Primary Activity Day. Sadly, I almost forgot about it. I woke up in the middle of the night last night in a panic, barely remembering that I was supposed to be at the church at 9:00 in the morning. Sigh. At least I remembered.

For part of the Faith In God program, one of the things the kids can do to pass off a section is to help with an activity day. Which meant we needed to do something that would be fairly easy for someone as young as 8 years old. As school just got out, we figured we could do a "movie night" sort of deal and show a couple church movies and play games. So, we had the Achievement Day girls make the invitations and decided that the scouts could build a concession stand out of cardboard boxes and "sell" popcorn, juice, and candy to the kids. Each kid got four tickets. One ticket per item. The boys had fun collecting tickets and passing out the treats to the kids.


We showed two different movies. The first one about the 2,000 stripling warriors and the second about Queen Esther. In between movies we played Sister Burnham says (Simon Says) and Red Light, Green Light. All in all, I think it went over pretty well. We did end up with Nerds candy all over the gym floor.....BUT.....easy enough for clean up. Even better...this means we don't have to worry about another Primary Activity until Christmas because we get to count our Saturday practice for the Sacrament Meeting Primary Presentation as one. The presentation takes enough planning on its own. ;0)

(By the way...if I've got your kids in Primary....I LOVE THEM! They are awesome. Seriously... they have such sweet spirits and such unique personalities. I have loved getting to know them)


1 comment:

Alicia said...

That's awesome Ashlee, you make me laugh. I am glad you posted this as I asked my two for a report of what they did and all I got was, "We got tickets to buy candy" They had a really good time, thanks for your work.