Monday, June 11, 2007

Dyson




So, I broke down and did it! I went to Target today and bought myself a Dyson. I couldn't handle it anymore. After five or so years of buying a vacuum per year, I was done. I don't know if I'm just particularly hard on vacuums or what, but I have literally spent so much money on vacuums the last five years that I would have bought a couple Dyson's by now. Pathetic. Am I the only one with vacuum woes here? The last one I bought was last summer, and it wasn't one of the cheap ones either. And I have fixed it about three times. They just clog up with crap. And no, I'm not trying to vacuum up large rocks or anything if that's what you are thinking. Just kid droppings. You know, popcorn, crushed up cheese crackers, bread crumbs...the usual. ;0) Sigh.

So, when I went to vacuum this morning and instead of picking up the droppings, it merely sucked it up and spit it out in a different direction. And, for the fourth time since I purchased it, I tipped it over and found that it was clogged. Guess what it was clogged with? You guessed it....dust and dirt, and a few crumbs. Nothing!!!!! Isn't that what a vacuum is supposed to pick up? ARGH!!!!! Even after I unclogged it...it refused to cooperate. So, I ended up having to use my little cheap-o hand vac to finish up the job. Which leads us to the impromptu trip to Target. I called Jaysen and ranted and raved. He said "just go get it then!" ;0) Sure, we may have no money left. But this baby has a five year warranty. If it busts on me...you can be SURE I will be getting a brand new one all over again...at their cost!

The end.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Good for you, are you loving it? I have blown out a couple of vacuums myself, and it is very frustrating. I now have my mom's old one, that is really quite good, because she finally bought herself a Kirby, a little jealous of both of you I have to say.

Cameron said...

Dude, don't tell Holly you got one or she'll be bugging me for one too.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Yesss! Dyson's are amazing! I always loved vacuuming at Rivercrest because I got to use it. Congrats on your purchase! :)