Sunday, June 24, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

So, I am getting closer to the 30 mark. Not so sure that I'm going to be okay with that. It's inevitable, but what can I do about it? Sure, I can continue to slather my face with anti-aging creams....but the number will still come. Sigh.
So, I was supposed to go on a scrapbook retreat this past weekend. Since I went to one in October, I have been dying to do it all over again. Three days of no kids, no hubby....just girls scrapping. Nice, huh? I get a lot of stuff done too. It's actually the only real time I get to scrapbook. Anyway... I also knew the next time I went, I wanted my mom and sisters to go with me. Well, since my sis-in-law was in moving process, and my little sister was planning on a big move to Boise....that left my mom and older sister to ask if they wanted to run away with me. They were game and so it was all planned. And then I had to go and ruin it all by buying a new house. Where we had just barely listed our house, I was worried we would get potential buyers wanting to come and see it while I was gone. And honestly, guys just don't keep things clean the way us girls do. Jaysen is a stacker. He thinks things are "clean" if he's put them into piles. Sigh. So, I knew I couldn't leave for three days. So, instead, my mom and sis and I decided we would just "retreat" to my mom's house and scrap there for the three days.

That way, if someone did want to see the house, I could
run home really quick and help get things in order. I already had all of my stuff packed up for the retreat anyway...so we went for it. And it was really fun! I got 19 pages done! Holy cow!
Can you believe it? It's awesome. My mom devoted her time to organizing her pictures and so it was fun to go through some of them with her. We got out our baby pictures and others from when we were little. Some good laughs over the outfits we were wearing back in the 80s. Man were we cool! And my sister got lots of her wedding photos scrapbooked.
All in all it was a good birthday weekend. We went out for pasta....my favorite! And my mom got me a new bracelet for my collection. (It's one I've been wanting) And...the house showed THREE times! No offers yet, but it hasn't even been on the market for a week. Hopefully it keeps going steady this way so we can move forward.
A BIG THANKS to Jaysen for letting me run away...not only for three days (he had to take two days off of work) of having the kids all to himself, but also for letting me do it on my birthday. We had to have our family celebration a day late and I know he was kind of bummed about it. Love you Jaysen!

No comments: