Friday, June 29, 2007

Camping Out


So, my nephew Talon is here visiting for a week and has spent the night at my house the past couple of nights. They decided they wanted to sleep in the backyard last night. Unfortunately, I don't own a tent. I'm not much of a camper. So, we ran to Target to see if we could find something inexpensive that they could use in the backyard. And, umm....tents are WAY more money than I thought. I did find a little two kid sleeper tent that was pretty cheap, the only problem is that it was pink camoflauge. Landon was freaking out. But the only other one that could have worked was twice as much money. Not worth it with the fact that we don't go camping. So, I told him he got pink, or he got nothing. My sweet nephew Talon said that it didn't matter to him, and finally convinced Landon that they could deal with it. Landon wanted to make sure that nobody would see him sleeping in a pink tent. Did you know that Barbie is his mortal enemy? I just found that out. ;0)

Anyway....they slept in the pink tent...all night. Told me it was their best night EVER! I even overheard Talon tell Landon, "I really like your mom." Warm fuzzies. Love it! And they even let me take a picture of them in the pink tent. They told me that I couldn't let anybody see the pictures though. So, this is just between you and me okay???? ;0)

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Too cute, I love the pink tent and good job Landon for being a good sport. You are a good mom, that is fun to let them sleep outside. But I am with you on the camping, not my thing, don't want anything to do with it.