So, as I was browsing through the paper this last Sunday, I noticed that they were having a showing of 'Mingle in the Jungle' Tuesday night (tonight). I had heard from my friend, Alicia, that it was prety good and thought that it would be fun to take the boys to it. In the end, it ended up being all of us (Papa, Nana, Jaysen, me, Talon, Landon, and Kenzee) that went.
Kenzee, of course, couldn't sit still and so Jaysen ended up roaming around the Herrett Center with her. That is until they brought out the big Boa Constrictor. ;0) She was amazed. It was awesome to see her reaction to it.
The boys were restless as well as they didn't really care too much about the "scientific" part about snakes and reptiles, they just wanted to touch them. Sigh. Oh well. I was amazed that they actually
let the kids hold and handle the snakes like they did. The speaker actually plopped this one on Landon's back before he could say otherwise. I'm not sure he would have done it if the guy hadn't though. ;0)
Talon, on the other hand, lifted it right off of Landon's shoulders when I asked him if he wanted me to take his picture too. He was all for it. Picked it up and draped it right around his neck. Holy cow!!!! No fear. What do you do?
Now, Mackenzee wasn't sure about the whole touching thing. She was interested, but took it slow. She let me take her right up to the really big boa constrictor that the speakers' assistant was holding, but she had to take her baby doll with her. ;0) She just stared in amazement at first, until I took her hand and touched it to the snake before she had a chance to jerk it away. Once that happened, she didn't mind touching it and was able to pet it a couple of times.
Not sure if it was a good idea to get these kids to handle snakes. Knowing my luck, one of mine will find one and think it's okay to just pick it up and lug it around and get bit or something. Sigh.
Anyway...all in all, the kids had a good time, which was the point. And I have now finally been to the Herrett Center. We will definitely have to go back and take in a show sometime.
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Snakes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I'm so glad you guys went, so much fun. It was so crowded the night we went, they didn't let anyone hold the snakes, so we are going to have to go back.
Post a Comment