Sunday, May 27, 2007

Pirates!



So, Jaysen and I actually went to the movies last night. On a date.......

I know. It's crazy. It has literally been months. Life has been hectic. But, we both wanted to see the final chapter in the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, so we went for it. The movie was crazy long! Almost three hours! But it was pretty good. Not as good as the first. About the same as the second. I do LOVE Captain Jack Sparrow though. Johnny Depp is awesome as this character. Very likeable. Even though he's a pirate. The silliness of some of the other things about the movie got annoying for me though. Some scenes were going so well, and then they try to throw something silly in it. Not funny.....silly. Innappropriate for the mood of what was going on. So, it didn't quite fit. I don't know. Better plot in this one than in the second one though. It does leave it open for a fourth one if they really wanted to, but it seems as though they're keeping it to three from what I've read. Probably best.

Anyway...Jaysen and I have decided to make our movie date night a monthly thing. We went with another couple last night, which made it fun. Definitely needs to be a do over. So, for June....I'm not sure which one we're going to go for, but July is definitely Harry Potter time!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I want to see this so bad, so Tyler and I will have to set up a date night. We are taking the kids to Shrek III tomorrow and I am pretty excited about that, we'll let you know how it is.

Cameron said...

I just watched it, and I didn't like it. Same problem as Spiderman 3: too much stuff.

Ashlee said...

Agreed. Some plot lines were never taken care of, or were kind of out there...not sure. Like the whole Calypso thing. What was up with that? Wierd.