Thursday, May 10, 2007

PTA


Landon's elementary celebrated it's 50th year with a carnival last Friday. It turned out great. This last school year I volunteered to be the photographer/historian for the PTA and so I made a couple of DVD's that were played in the gym for it. One was a slideshow of class photos, some of which went clear back to the mid 60s. The other had all the pictures that I collected this past year (not nearly enough). I was able to figure out how to add music to the slideshow movie and played a sappy "remember me" song with it. So, any of you needing a DVD made....bring it on. ;0)
Anyway, after all of the chaos was said and done from the carnival, the current PTA President came up to my car after school on Tuesday and said that I had been nominated to be on the PTA board and if I would accept the nomination. I figured they wanted me to be the historian again, so I said sure. She then told me that someone had nominated me to be the treasurer. Hah! I was a bit taken back as I figured nobody even knew who I was. I didn't really do a bang up job this last year. Seriously. But apparently someone thought I should be in charge of the PTA's money. I laughed it off figuring someone else who had been around a little longer than me would get it. Little did I know, someone heard that I was a bookkeeper. So, yeah. I am now the official PTA Treasurer for the 2007-2008 school year. HAH! It's insane. Oh well. It's going to be a busy school year.

No comments: