Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Remember Me

Again, I got this great video in an email. A 15 year old girl made this video. A very heartwarming, thought provoking piece. I will admit I shed a tear or two at the end. When I see videos like this, I always seem to think of how it would feel if I was sending Jaysen off to war, or if it was me losing him. You know...the whole wearing someone else's shoes thing. I would be crushed.
What was truly unfortunate, is that the comments made on YouTube concerning this video were horrible. Anti war statements, anti Bush statements, even to the point of bringing up the whole 9-11 controversy. One person was even so harsh as to call this girl a "soldier hater". I'm not sure how any of these people got those ideas from watching this video.
If they would have watched it, they would have seen that to post their comments they were doing exactly what the video tells them not to. Soldiers just want to hear that we are supporting them and that we are proud of them. Not that we think they are wasting their time, putting their lives on the line every day for nothing. That's what these types of comments portray to them. That you don't support them. I just truly found it interesting. They, who argued against the video, only proved the creator's point.

Anyway...my thanks and prayers go out to ALL soldiers and their families. I truly appreciate your sacrifice.

No comments: