Anyway....this is the first "elaborate" cake I have ever made. I've plopped toy figurines on top, or just frosted a cake...but never actually created something. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's not bad, I guess...but not what I had envisioned. Oh well. I don't know that I will do this again though. Do you know how many hours this took? Between baking, making the cat head shape, cooling, first layer of frosting (for the crumb layer...I did watch Martha Stewart on how to do this!), cooling again, frosting again, drawing the face on, painting the face on, smoothing the shapes, creating "fur", you get the idea....I don't have the patience for this kind of stuff. I think I'd much rather pay someone else to do it. I'm good at cookie bars and cupcakes...;0)
Friday, October 12, 2007
Birthday Cake
So, here it is. Mackenzee's birthday cake. I finished it a little while ago. Even though her birthday is today, we are having the party tomorrow. So, that's when we'll sing and she gets to blow out the candles. (Hopefully she knows not to touch them like she did last year)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Ashlee, I think that looks awesome, I love the eyes on that cat.
I THINK YOU DID A GREAT JOB...I AM TRULY IMPRESSED.
Post a Comment