Friday, October 26, 2007

Harvest Festival





So, last night was Morningside's annual Harvest Festival. We decided this year though, to make it a little bigger than usual and have some carnival type games for the kids to play. The whole point of the night is to get parents to the school for the Book Fair, to help support our library. And to draw them to the school, we have a party! Good idea, right?

Anyway...we had the bean bag toss, face painting, fish pond, ring toss, and Turkey in the Straw (treasure find) for the kids to play to win prizes as well as a ginormous pumpkin there to guess the weight of. Of course there were lost of sweets to eat as well. We had Krispy Kreme donuts, popcorn, cotton candy, and apple juice. I think I gained 5 pounds just breathing in the air. ;0)

Jaysen brought Landon and Mackenzee to play the games as I was there setting up already. They had so much fun! The prizes were great too. I really liked how the games were suitable for the younger kids like Kenzee as well. It made it fun for everyone. And we all really appreciate those that planned the event and came to help out. It took a lot of moms to make sure everything was covered. Though I am completely exhausted after six hours of Festival Fun, it really was fun.

No comments: