
So...Landon had his very first piano recital last night. My mom teaches
him piano lessons and so it has been fun for Landon to spend this extra time with his Nana. He played two songs. "Silly Bug Stomp" and then we played a duet together, "Love Is
Spoken Here". He was so nervous too.
He begged and begged me to be able to use his music and I told him he didn't need it and he'd do fine. He's had the song memorized for over a month now. But, nerves got the best of him, and on his way up to the piano, he paused at my mom's chair and whispered, "Puh-leeeeeaaase." So, she let him play the song with his music. Silly boy. He did great and it
has been fun for me to be able to play along with him.
And then today was Landon's last day of 1st grade. So it was a pretty big day. He has really enjoyed school this year, mostly thanks to a great teacher, Mrs. Reed. Who put up with his "problems" we were having at the beginning of the school year. She is sadly, leaving Morningside after only one year as she lives in Burley and was offered a position at the
elementary in Heyburn. So, closer to home for her. Sniff Sniff...we will miss her though.
So, this means summer vacation has officially started. Argh! I'm hoping it will be a good one. Lots of stuff going on to keep Landon busy. Between tennis, golf, art classes, gymnastics, and swimming lessons....he should be good to go. SHOULD...that's the key word there. Sigh.




2 comments:
Wow you will have a busy summer. I think we are going to put Reagan in golf and Elise in gymnastics but that's it, I can't take it, you're better than I am.
I claim insanity! We'll see how we make it through it all. Wish me luck...
Post a Comment