So, you know how my kids are WAY cuter than yours? Well...here's another reason why. I have sung "You are my sunshine" to my Mackenzee since she was an infant. With her reflux, she cried A LOT. And for some reason, if I sang "sunshine" (that's what we call the song in my house) to her, it would calm her down for a bit. I babysat my neice, Savanna, last year and she knew the trick too. When Mackenzee would cry, Savanna would instantly start to sing it. It was cute. Her little four year old voice. ;0) (Not as cute as my kids though) Anyway....I still sing it to Mackenzee at bedtime. It's our little routine. I hold her and we sway as I sing and then I ask her if she is my sunshine and she says yes and then she goes to sleep. It's just what we do. You moms understand. ;0) Anyway....a couple of nights ago I started to sing....and she started to sing along. The actual words.
"uh-shie, o-ee uh-shie.
(You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.)
A-heeee, gay.
(You make me happy, when skies are gray.)
oh- eeeee, wuv ooo.
(You'll never know dear, how much I love you.)
uh-shie way."
(Please don't take my sunshine away.)
See....I told you she was cuter.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Sunshine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
That is so cute, she is a doll and definitely a little "sunshine". Being a mom, nothin' better.
Post a Comment