Though Jaysen took Landon to see Spiderman 3 this past summer, I hadn't seen it. And as most of you know, the movie came out onto DVD this week. (Side note: if you are planning on buying a movie, buy it the first week at Target because it's always $5 cheaper than anywhere else.) Anyway...I took the plunge last night and watched the movie.
The mysterious black goo from space was a bit much for me to believe...but it was a pretty good storyline. I liked the whole Harry aspect of it, but wondered why they killed him off in the end. And, if any of you watched it...the ending left something to be desired. Because it wasn't really an ending. Segway to Spiderman 4!
Yes, they will be doing another one. The script is in the process, but they are unsure if dear Toby Macguire will be on board for another one. He apparently doesn't seem to think that they would be able to come up with a good storyline that would top "3". The villians supposedly in line (yes, more than one again) are 'The Lizard', which is Peter Parker's professor at the university, and Carnage.
The Lizard becomes a lizardbecause he lost an arm and decides to inject lizard DNA into himself, which turns him into a lizard. Peter at this point is his teaching assistant, and they are still close, but The Lizard dislikes Spiderman (I don't know why) and so there is this whole drama involved with the alter ego again like there was with Harry's dad.
Carnage is some serial killer that I'm assuming, breaks out of jail. In the comic book he is cell mates with the guy who became Venom, but they killed him off in the movie. The other version is that he somehow hooks up with Lizard, who, if you remember, still has that sample of the black goo from "3". The black goo still "remembers" Spiderman (because it takes on the characteristics of what it bonds to. that's why the other guy looked like Spiderman too. You know, Venom.) Anyway... Carnage is an even darker version of Venom, because the guy it takes over is a serial killer. Makes sense?
So, there you have it. The saga will continue. Which I am glad, because the ending just wasn't there for me in "3". I would have preferred an ending like "2" where you knew Harry was going to become the green goblin. There were no bad guys looming in this one, just the dumb love story left hanging. Tie up your loose ends people!





2 comments:
We watched the movie last night too. That's funny! :-) None of us had seen it, so it was fun. There was a little too much romance and kissing in it for the kids. Many comments of "they're kissing again!" were made. All in all I liked it because of the theme of choosing to be good, and revenge will turn you mean. I must say Ashlee that I am quite amazed at your spiderman knowledge! :-) I definitely feel better educated!
okay that's a little spooky, we watched it too! Austin saw it for his first time and thought it was great! Except for the kissing. Even Greta liked it.
Post a Comment