So, I was a bit of a slacker this year. Normally I put my tree up the day after Thanksgiving to kind of kick off the Christmas holiday. But, with family in town it just wasn't going to happen. And, more importantly, Landon was gone. So we needed to wait for him.
So, yesterday I hauled out my tupperware containers full of my Christmas stuff and started digging out the tree decorations.
We use a fake tree. Real trees give me a rash on my arms when I decorate....so no real trees for me! I honestly don't mind. To get a nice real one you have to fork out mucho dinero! And though I know we all have extra cash lying around this time of year...I just can't bring myself to do it. Anyway...by the time I put the tree together, branches and all, and then spread out the branches, and then put my 8 strings of lights on (at least 8!) it takes several hours. So, if I'm putting this much time into it....it's got to be up for a LONG time!
So, I get the tree all ready....lights, garland, angel on top (with Mackenzee "helping" with the lights).....and then I tell Landon it's time to decorate. He doesn't want to.
What? I LIVED for decorating the tree. It had to be done JUST SO. No two ornaments right next to each other, and proper spacing was required. (I know....but I can't help the way my brain works!) So, I started decorating without him. Halfway through, he must have seen how much fun I was having and decided to join in. My ornaments are not properly spaced. ;0) I'm ok with it. :0)
What? I LIVED for decorating the tree. It had to be done JUST SO. No two ornaments right next to each other, and proper spacing was required. (I know....but I can't help the way my brain works!) So, I started decorating without him. Halfway through, he must have seen how much fun I was having and decided to join in. My ornaments are not properly spaced. ;0) I'm ok with it. :0) So, the tree is up! Does this make it official? It's really Christmastime?
BTW....I stole this great idea from my sister in law Jodi. She buys her girls a new ornament each year, and then when they leave the house to be on their own...they'll have their own set of ornaments to decorate their tree with. Good idea huh? So, we started this tradition this year too. I'm sure you can tell which ornament belongs to which child. ;0) I've even got a miniature tree to hang their special ornaments on, which Landon thinks is awesome!





3 comments:
I was finally able to pull up your blog. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work before. I love the ornaments you got for the kids. They will love looking back on them over the years. I always put their name and the year on the ornament as well.
That is great, but I am completely disoriented, where is the tree in your house? Is that the living room and where is the furniture, I'm so confused. I agree though there is a certain way a tree must be decorated. I love it!
I moved the couch to where the love seat was at, and moved the love seat over to the wall by the dining room table. My house is truly CRAMMED...but we managed to fit the Christmas tree in. It's only for one month....I can handle it. I think....
Post a Comment