Tonight, my heart broke just a little bit. My Landon...my baby....he said something that just about crushed me.
We were finishing up with dinner and as I was cleaning up he said that he had told his friend, Hatim, that I was crazy. {It's true!} I laughed and asked him what Hatim said.
"Well, I told him you were crazy because you liked to give me kisses. He thought it was pretty funny."
I asked him what was so crazy about that! And then I said, "You're not too old to have your mom kiss you are you?"
This is where my heart broke....
"Uh, yeah."
I'm serious...I think I could actually hear it breaking. I tried really hard to keep my tears back. I know he's getting older. I know kisses are gross when boys are older...but not from the momma! Right? Sigh.
I begged him {literally} to allow me to still kiss him goodnight.
"Well....maybe once a week."
Just once? Really? That's it?
"Ok then!" {he said this like he was totally annoyed with me...completely exasperated} "You can kiss me goodnight three times a week."
Still NOT good enough. I'm his mother. It's not like I'm giving him super slobbery kisses. In fact, it's just a kiss on the cheek we're talking about here! You'd think I was asking him to do something horrible! :0)
I told him I was kissing him goodnight EVERY night whether he liked it or not.

And then I proceeded to grab him and give him a big fat slobbery kiss on his cheek to let him know that I could still pin him down to do it if I had to.
Because I love him.




6 comments:
My heart broke with you. I don't ever want my kids to get to that point. I better enjoy all the cuddle time I can with Austin, he still loves it and asks if I'll just cuddle with him. Why does it have to change?!
Tell Landon his aunt Holly is still going to kiss him too!!!
Landon you silly boy your momma loves you you better give her a hug and a kiss tonight!!!!
I dread the day I hear that, but just keep kissing him, he'd miss it if you stop.
Ohhhhhhhhh, I understand why your heart was breaking over that...*sniff*...
I think deep down little boys still like hugs and kisses from their mommas...just as long as no one knows...at least that is what I keep telling myself ;)
Hey mine are 29 and 30 and I still kiss them...
Hold your ground!!!
You are the MOM:)
hehehehe FOndly, B.
It's just not right that they grow up sooo fast. Landon looks so big now. It's amazing how they change when you don't see them often. hope you are having a great summer.
Post a Comment