I know, I know...I'm a little later than usual getting this post up. It's finals week, yet again...so I am busy as a little bee trying to get my work done. Sigh. In fact, I should be finishing up one of my papers now instead of posting this. But, if I don't get it up now, it may never happen. :0) And, since this blog will go down in history {once I get it transferred to a book} I need to make sure that I keep up.
On Saturday morning we went over to my mom's house to visit as my sister, Melanie, came to visit for the holiday. My kids have been dying to see their cousins. Dear Shelby humored my Mackenzee and read her story after story. This is one of Mackenzee's favorite things to do now. All of the books on the bookshelf in the playroom end up on the floor as she "reads" through each of them telling her own little stories based on the pictures. It's awesome.
As it was Father's Day weekend....golfing was on the brain {also because the US Open was on}. Jaysen bought a package of spongey like golf balls so that he and my dad and Stephen could play a little "yard" golf. They set up fake holes around the house and played 9 holes.
I set up the slip and slide for the kids and they had a grand time racing each other to the end. 
Kenzee just loved following Savanna around and had to do whatever Savanna did. She just idolizes her cousin.

That afternoon we took the kids to see 'Kung Fu Panda'. It was such a cute movie. Of course, afterwards the boys only wanted to play Kung Fu and sing 'Kung Fu Fighting'...but what can you do?

And to end the night....we helped Papa plant his Father's Day present. I won't go into details...but big trees are heavy. Just so you know. But, we did it! And now my dad has his big oak tree in the yard. Though...we tied a blue ribbon around it...not a yellow one. :0)




1 comment:
Fun times! That slip and slide looks like it might induce labor for me. Can I come try it out??
Post a Comment