Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Little Entrepreneurs

Landon really wanted to have a lemonade stand last summer. I promised him we would....and I failed. We ended up moving and it took up pretty much all of our summer. So, this year I couldn't let him down again.
We had my neice Savanna come and join Landon, Mackenzee, and my nephew Talon so they could all share in the work.....and in the profits. :0) They had so much fun making their poster for the corner by our house. It was supposed to direct traffic our way as we live off in a little culdesac and don't get much traffic. It didn't do much...but that's ok. We have awesome neighbors who happened to be thirsty at the same time our table went up.

We had both regular lemonade AND pink lemonade...because Kenzee wanted to make sure there was something pink there for the girls. And actually, the pink lemonade is what everyone wanted! She's one smart girl! And our neighbors....such good people...actually paid MORE for their glasses of juice...just to be nice. One guy gave them $1.50 for his. The kids were SO excited! And honestly...it was a great way to meet some of my neighbors I hadn't met yet.

The older three kids each ended up making $2.20 each! Kenzee was contect with a handful of pennies. :0) They begged me to take them to the dollar store tomorrow so they could spend their earnings. Heaven forbid they save it! It might burn a hole in their pocket! :0)

All in all, it was a fun little adventure for us. I told Landon we could set it up again when we had our yard sale in a couple of weeks. He'll rake in the quarters then! :0)

7 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I love that she wanted PINK lemonade, too. That girlie has a head for buisness! It is cute that the pink was the bigger sell ;)

They are such cute kiddos!

Zach said...

Awww man! Sorry I had to miss. I will have to stop by when you have the next one!

Holly said...

Sounds fun! I wish I could've bought some lemonade, it's been HOT!

Montay said...

SO fun I can not wait to have a fun saturday like that

Barbara said...

Fun in the summer sun!!
You can't beat this one for a GREAT learning experience:)...SORRY it is the teacher in me!
But truly what a great teaching idea for summer on so many levels for each age of your children. Good Job MOM:)
Fondly, B.

Alicia said...

I felt so bad not getting to stop by. That is too cute and nice work!

AmyJ said...

Sorry I didn't make it over. Let me know when you have the yard sale. I'm sure I could find some cute girl clothes to buy!