Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekend Getaway

We had planned on going to visit by brother Cameron in Utah this last weekend. It's been planned for about a month now. We had to wait for basketball season to be over so we'd have a free Saturday. :0) Unfortunately, Mackenzee decided to get sick on Tuesday. We kept our fingers crossed that she'd be better by the weekend. Thankfully, her fever only lasted for 24 hours, but then her nose exploded with a cold and a cough magically appeared. And, to top off that, Jaysen had to go and get sick on us as well. He had caught whatever bug Kenzee had. I called my SIL, Holly, on Thursday night to let her know we might have to bail. She said that as long as it was just colds to still come. So, I told her I'd keep her posted.

{This is Cameron and Holly}



Miraculously, Jaysen woke up Friday morning feeling better, but with the same nasty cold that Kenzee had. So, I called Holly again, and she said that we still had to come, colds and all. :0) I think both Austin and Landon would have had heart attacks if the trip was cancelled. So, we packed up the car and headed off.



And, though I know most of you will be shocked at my laziness...I didn't take a single picture the entire weekend! What's wrong with me? I took the camera...just didn't take the pictures. Sigh.

{Landon and Austin}

Anyway, we had a great time! We did absolutely nothing and it was fabulous to just hang out. They have a new home now and so we got to snoop around and check it all out. It's ginormous! So much so that they don't even use the basement. I think Holly should use it as a girl haven though. Set it all up with her crafting stuff and have girls nights galore down there. :0) I would come!

{Greta and Alina....and Santa too. :0)}

The kids had so much fun playing together even though I heard Alina tell Mackenzee "I hate you!" a few times. Gotta love girls.....they didn't really like "sharing" too well. I told Alina that she could come home with me and she was mad when she found out it wasn't real. :0) Normally none of my neices and nephews actually take me up on the offer. It's been made to most of them because they're all so stinking cute...but she's the only one that literally wanted to hop in the car and head out of town. I loved it. :0) And...I've never heard Greta talk SO much. It was non stop. I couldn't believe my ears. Normally you have to drag even just a word out of her. She is still scared of Jaysen though. She said it's because he's a boy and has cooties. I can't say that I blame her.

Poor Jaysen slept most of the weekend trying to get better, and Kenzee nose was an ever flowing river of snot. So gross! Cameron had a hey day playing the Guitar Hero we brought with us {Just go buy one Cam!!!} :0) and the boys tormented the girls non stop. What can you do? I just sat back and watched it all. :0)

We did go to the Mayan for dinner on Saturday night. I can't say that it was the best food I've ever had {Kind of like Cafe Rio} but the atmosphere was so fun for the kids. We had to wait an hour for our table {With 2 two year olds!} but the kids had so much fun watching the little shows and the people diving into the water. Kenzee was scared to death of the man walking around in the headdress and loincloth. :0) It didn't help that Cameron growled at her to scare her when the man came around. {MEAN!} But she lived.

And now we are home...Thanks so much for putting up with us this weekend! We hope we weren't too much trouble! Unfortunately, I have begun to get whatever Kenzee and Jaysen had. I hope your family doesn't get it! I'm sorry! But you said we should come! :0) I'll send a couple bottles of cold medicine to replace the ones we drank. :0)

11 comments:

Bonnie B. said...

Sounds like good fun!! Hope everyone feels better soon!

Shannon said...

Hope you all get over your colds soon. I forgot about the Mayan restaurant. I have been there once, but it was a long time ago. the entertainment was pretty neat! Have a good one.

Buxton Family said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend despite the colds. I hope everyone is feeling back to normal now. Aubrey came down with a fever yesterday. She is sad because it is spring break. We hope she is better soon.

Anonymous said...

So it sounds like you had a great weekend. i would have to say that Cafe Rio is much better. Their salads are wonderful.

Alicia said...

I'm glad you were able to still go. The Mayan is a lot of fun, love the divers, but ditto to Rachelle, Cafe Rio food rocks!

Zach said...

I love Cafe Rio too! Feel better soon!

Montay said...

Fun sounds like you had a great time get better soon and come see us!!

OHmommy said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. The Mayan sounds exicitng.

Lauren in GA said...

Maybe it wasn't a cold that had Jaysen feeling badly...maybe it was his COOTIES!!! ;)

I hope you all get better soon! Colds are lousy...

Holly said...

Our computer crashed after you guys left so I've been without a computer all week! I'm at my mom's right now using hers. Greta got sick Sunday during church and has had a fever on and off all week. It totally went away Tuesday and came back yesterday so I took her to the doctor today and she has step. Cameron is also laying on the couch right now sick too. We almost made the whole winter without someone getting sick. Oh well. We had a great weekend, thanks for coming!!! I hope you guys are all better now.

Cameron said...

Thanks for coming and contaminating Zion with your foul Idaho virus. Or is it virii? Spell checker doesn't like that virii, maybe viruses? Yep, that one it likes. Thanks for coming and contaminating Zion with your foul Idaho viruses.

:-)