Sunday, March 02, 2008

Can We Go Bowling?

Landon has been bugging us to take him bowling for a while now. It seems everytime we go down to the bowling alley or call in, it's league night and they have no lanes available! Apparently, EVERY night is league night.
So, when he asked me yesterday morning if we could PUHLEASE go, I let him know they probably weren't open AGAIN. Miracle of all miracles....I called down there and they were letting "regular" people play! Finally!
We had Landon's basketball game at 12:15 and while we were there Jaysen's parents invited us to go out for lunch with them and Jaysen's brother, Jeff. So, off we went to eat and Landon was so excited to see Gage there with his dad, Jeff. Gage is the same age as Landon. So, of course, there was some instant negotiating going on between Gage and his dad over our bowling outing. The begging and pleading if he could come. Finally, Jeff caved under the pressure of Gage's pleading eyes. Not only did Gage get to bowling with us, he got to spend the night too!
So, off bowling we went and on our way there Gage reveals that he has NEVER been bowling! What? Well, he did pretty well for a beginner....
Do you see that picture of a strike? That was Mackenzee's first ball...the boys went crazy!
We had a great time, and now Gage wants to go bowling ALL the time. :0)

8 comments:

Montay said...

What is this I am not on your list O friends :( I go to have a baby and look waht happens

Alicia said...

Glad you had such a great time, sounds like a fun day!

Buxton Family said...

Shame on Jeff for never taking his kids bowling! I'm glad you had fun. I'm very impressed with the bowling skills!

Lauren in GA said...

Whoa, Mackenzee! Way to represent for the ladies!!!!!!!!

I have to bowl with bumpers or I throw gutter balls the whole time!

Holly said...

We haven't been bowling forever! Looks like it was a fun day! Good job Mackenzee!!!

Zach said...

Looks like fun! I am also a bumper girl. Unfortunately, bowling is not one of my few talents...

Kellan said...

Oh, how fun! Look at your sweet little girl bowling with Daddy!

Hi Ashlee, I'm Kellan - nice to meet you. Have a good evening.

OHmommy said...

Ah ha. So this is your family blog. I have always gone to your random blog.

Hmmmmm...

Nice to meet your family blog. MWAH to the fam.