
Landon had his piano recital on Wednesday. As with any other type of individual performance, Landon got himself completely worked up and freaked out over playing his pieces from memory in front of everyone. I won't even get into the details, but let me just tell you....I was one frustrated mommy by the time the night was over.
Of course his freak out was for nothing as he played both of his songs great. He did a really good job, and honestly, I wasn't worried about his ability for a minute. As his momma...I've heard him play those songs FOR MONTHS now. The stinker is just so worried about messing up or not being able to be perfect in front of other people that he would rather just quit everything and not try. It's hard to watch him do this to himself, and my heart literally breaks for the kid.
Anyway....back to his performance. He played 'Rover Roll Over' and 'Just Jazzin'. This is his third year of playing the piano and his sixth recital. 


Here is a group shot of the kids he performed with. Landon has had fun being able to take his piano lessons back to back with my cousin, Taryn. He's the one standing next to Landon in the glasses. Even though Taryn is my cousin, he was born just six months before Landon. 
This year, my mom asked me to play a two piano duet with her. It was called 'Waltz for Two Pianos'. I had to get my piano brain back up and running in order to pull it off, but I think we got through it well.
We're going to be taking the summer off from piano and hopefully by the time school starts back up again Landon will be ready to get back into the swing of things.




2 comments:
Way to go both of you. Our recital is next Sunday and my girls aren't even close to being ready. Wade working nights and sleeping during the day has really put a stain on piano practice. Luckily only a few more days of nights!
What a cutie pie! I'm glad that your son is interested in playing a musical instrument. I tried playing the clarinet when I was young but never stuck with it. Looking back, I wish my mom would have encouraged me to continue on with it. I'm sure Landon's recital was wonderful and it sounds like he did a great job. :)
Post a Comment