Monday, May 04, 2009

taking it when we can get it

The weather changes have been driving me crazy. It's 70 degrees outside one day, and then all of a sudden we're back to wearing coats. I need the sun to stay. There's something about a sunny day that just makes me FEEL better. You know? So, when the clouds broke on Saturday afternoon, we decided to take advantage of the glimpse of blue sky and get outside. We, meaning Mackenzee and I anyway.....Jaysen may have had to be dragged out to the car and forced into going along for the ride. :0) Amazingly enough, he did end up enjoying himself once we were out amongst "nature".
We drove down the canyon towards Centennial Park and stopped off at this waterfall. After watching from the sidelines for a bit, we decided to jump the cement barricade and climb down to the area behind the waterfall.


Because it had rained SO MUCH that day I was worried about the path being too slippery for Mackenzee or even Jaysen holding Mackenzee. So, I went down first to check it out. See that pink dot? That's me. :0) And my muscles. :0)
Here's the up close picture just in case you were wanting to see my magnificence a little better. :0) OK....so being out and climbing around gave me a bit of a natural high. Nothing wrong with that. See the waterfall behind me? I was getting more than just a little bit wet standing there.
Kenzee wanted to get close to the water too, so Jaysen took her over. She didn't want to get down though.....there was mud. :0) She was very proud that she "walked" underneath a waterfall though. She bragged about it to Landon when he got home the next day. I promised him I'd take him back over there so he could do it too.
I'm itching to go out with the kids and Jaysen and do more stuff like this. I used to hike all the time in my "pre-children" era and I really miss it. Now, if the weather would just WORK WITH ME I could really get back in touch with my young and sassy self. :0)

1 comment:

Montay said...

I wanna go there!!!!