Isn't there an animal that gives birth to their babies and then after a short time leaves them to fend for themselves? Today I am completely understanding that thought process. SIGH.
Mackenzee knows EVERYTHING. At three years old. I thought it was supposed to be the terrible two's... but she has apparently found the need to carry that on in exaggerated form.
Let me share just A FEW of the wonderful things my Mackenzee has done these last few days.
I gave up on naps a while ago. The one hour wrestling match was just not worth it anymore. Instead, Mackenzee has to have a 45 minute "quiet time" where she has to lay on the couch. She can read or play puzzles, but she has to stay on the couch. A few days ago quiet time was over and so we decided to go for a walk before the rain came. On the way back inside the house I noticed black lines on the back of her skirt. When I looked closer I realized it was a large letter "a". Where did she get a large letter "a" sticker you ask? From the wall in the basement. My vinyl letters that I had special ordered just for Jaysen that spelled, "The Man Cave" were no longer on the wall. They were stuck to the couch, the coffee table, blankets, the carpet.....you get the idea. I was livid. She was in SO much trouble.
Move to later that evening. I'm cleaning up the shreds of paper that Mackenzee cut up with scissors that covered the floor of my computer room. {She's not allowed to play with scissors}
I look on the bottom of my foot and there is a small letter "s" stuck there. The letter is blue. Kind of like the vinyl lettering I have in the bathroom downstairs......
If I was livid before.....you can imagine how I was feeling then. I just wanted to cry from frustration. I went downstairs and found that half of the letters in my cute little "Wash your hands, mom said so" sign were no longer on the wall. She let me know she did that part when she was supposed to be "thinking about it". That's the nice way I phrase TIME OUT around here. So, after she had gotten in trouble for doing it the first time, she decided she needed to continue on with the next room over.
Skip to the next day.....blue chapstick colored on the walls. Sigh. We go to work...she gets into Jaysen small tool kit that is in his office and tries to take a pair of wire cutters to the wallpaper. I caught her before any damage could be done. Jaysen thought she was playing with the putting mat that was in the same corner as his tool kit. Sneaky little girl......
Come home....quiet time again...
As paranoid as I am now, I go down to the basement to check on her. What has she done this time? Completely destroyed Landon's puzzle he was working on. Crumpled and scattered EVERYWHERE. I knew Landon would be so heartbroken about it too. :0(
I could go on and on with this stuff. She is just being so destructive lately and it's driving me crazy! Even Jaysen, who used to swear she could do no wrong, is getting frustrated with her. She is a whirlwind.
Sigh.
Maybe today will be better. {Keep your fingers crossed for me}
Now that I think about it.....I should probably go make sure she has broken something......
Saturday, May 02, 2009
Really?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I know it is so hard right now, but trust me...they grow up so fast. You will look back and laugh at these moments!
Post a Comment