Jaysen came home the other day and saw that our next door neighbor was having a mowing service come to mow her lawn. Now, our next door neighbor is a single mother who is a nurse and therefore works long hours and sometimes odd shifts. Her son is only 8 and she has HER grandmother come to watch him when she is at work. It also helps that her boyfriend has a mowing service.
With the background out of the way here....
Jaysen walks into the house and tells me that he thinks we should hire out a mowing service to take care of our yard because he just really hated mowing the lawn. For all you moms out there....I'm hoping you are feeling my pain here. :0) $150 a month to pay for a service because you just don't want to have to do it. Mind you....as far as the yard goes....that's all he has to take care of. I just looked at him and told him that if he got to hire out someone to mow the lawn then we were going to hire a maid because I really hated cleaning the house. :0)
He didn't think that was funny.
So, the mowing service idea was put aside. Several weeks later Jaysen gets the brilliant idea that Landon is now old enough that he should be able to start mowing the lawn himself. Landon is 9 years old. Our lawn mower is not the fancy kind that propels itself forward. Yeah......Both Landon and I gave Jaysen the "are you kidding me?" look. Jaysen attempts to sweeten the pot for Landon by offering him money. Of course, Landon accepts the challenge.
As you can see.....Landon had quite a bit of a struggle trying to push our monster lawn mower.

Poor Jaysen had to take over after just a few minutes.
Landon was really upset that he wasn't able to pull it off. Jaysen is just going to have to be stuck with doing it by himself. Don't you just feel so bad for him? :0) {Merciless teasing has gone on over this....can you tell?}
BUT! The saga continues. Jaysen is now sure that we need a riding lawn mower.
Have you seen our patch of grass? I don't think he would even be able to turn it around in our small yard. :0)
I'm quite interested to see what idea he comes up with next. :0) He's as bad as my children! Honestly....I wouldn't have him any other way. He does keep us smiling......
3 comments:
Um...I have an acre of grass with a push power that does not self propel and I handle it...and I'm a girl. I would LOVE a riding lawnmower, but I bought living room furniture instead... Sigh...
I will say I love having a lawn service (it comes with the house we are renting). I tell Wade it is like magic. On Wednesday, I leave the house and the yard needs mowed, but when I get back it looks beautiful. Just like magic. We love it. Too bad we only get to enjoy it for another month. Then back to doing it ourselves...or I should really say back to Wade doing it. I think I hate it more than Jaysen!
With the $150 you are saving from a lawn service -- you could buy a newer lawnmower and then Landon could do it. Just mho.
Post a Comment