That's right! I am so pleased! As most of you know, we have a DVD player in our car. It's one of the reasons we bought this specific car. Until we had it, Mackenzee screamed nonstop whenever we went anywhere. She does not like to be buckled into anything! Anyway...though I do enjoy having this option..it does get really old listening to Dora over and over and over again. So, every now and again I turn it off and it becomes "mom time". The kids are never happy when its mom time. But, they get over it. So, last week, we were driving home from Jerome and I wanted to listen to my Christmas music. Of course, the kids immediately requested the DVD player to be turned on. I tried to suggest that they look at the Christmas lights as we drove past them, but they didn't seem too interested. So...I told them it was a new game. Much like it's cousin game "Slug Bug", the person who sees the Christmas lights first gets the points. But, no hitting is involoved. You simply yell "Light Bright!"
Can I just tell you how fun this has been? I get to listen to my Christmas music, and the kids are still enjoying themselves in the car. Of course, this only works at night when the lights are on, but still. Actually, Mackenzee has been the instigator of this game since Wednesday. Even if the DVD player is on...I will hear "Yigh Brigh!" And the game starts all over again. She's really good at spotting the lights too. But, of course, Landon always wins. :0)
Sunday, December 09, 2007
There's a new game in town!
Deep Thoughts by Ashlee at 2:19 PM
Labels: Christmas lights, games
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Very clever! I may have to try that!
Post a Comment