Ok...so I'm going to get a little deep here.
Landon had his interview with the bishop tonight for his baptism. The bishop gave him homework and told him to go home and read with us D&C 20:77,79 and then to talk about it.
77 O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread to the souls of all those who partake of it, that they may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him and keep his commandments which he has given them; that they may always have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.
79 O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this wine to the souls of all those who drink of it, that they may do it in remembrance of the blood of thy Son, which was shed for them; that they may witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they do always remember him, that they may have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.
We hear these scriptures on a weekly basis. Half the time I don't even get to listen due to my wonderful 2 year old. But, having to fully explain the meaning of these verses and how they pertain to Landon getting baptized really made me think about it. When we get baptized we promise to take on the name of Jesus Christ....to keep His commandments, and to remember him. Of course, we get plenty in return, but what I had to explain to Landon was that we don't just promise to do all of this on our baptism day. We have to do it EVERY day. And by taking the sacrament on Sunday it helps us to remember those promises we made when we were baptized. That was 20 years ago for me.
I know....I'm getting kind of deep. It's been so interesting as Landon gets older the kinds of questions he asks and the innocent faith he shares with me. And after reading these verses with him tonight it makes me want to pay attention just a little bit more.
So, thanks Landon.
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Something to think about.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Kids are such a blessing, huh?
What I think is great, is that everytime we partake of the sacrament we can be made clean again, just like at our baptism. The atonement is an amazing gift. I'm excited for Landon's baptism. I can't wait to hear about it.
Post a Comment