Monday, December 10, 2007

I Hate Snow!


OK...so maybe hate is a strong word. We woke up to snow on the ground Saturday morning. And luckily it melted off of the roads quickly. It stuck on the grass though. Which again...is ok I guess. Landon was gone this last weekend and so I didn't pay much attention to it, though we did go buy Kenzee a pair of snowboots. ;0) PINK snowboots. Of course.

Anyway...it has snowed pretty much all day here. Soft, white, fluffy snow. It is pretty. I will admit that. So, it's time for Landon to get home off the bus and I thought, "We should go out and make a snowman." Keep in mind...I don't like snow. I want nothing to do with it. It's cold, wet, slippery....you get the idea. But, I'm trying to be a playful parent here! So, Kenzee and I bundle up and when Landon got home, we went out to make a snowman. We start with the base of it and Landon is telling me that he wants it to be as tall as he is. Now, when I say "we" started, I meant that I was starting and he was watching. So, I told him to get with it and start getting snow on this snowman. After three handfuls of snow, he wanted to be done because his hands were cold. What? Of course your hands are cold! Your playing with snow! Sigh. So, our snowman shrunk to a midgit snowman shorter than Mackenzee and Landon watched Mackenzee and I finish it. Sigh. This experience only made me dislike snow even more! Bah Humbug!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Snow is not my favorite either, that's why I stay inside every chance I get and sip my hot cocoa. Cute snowman and where did yo get Mackenzee's boots, Elise needs new ones, she is in a pair that are about 2 sizes too small, not fun!

Bonnie B. said...

Love the snowman. Not so much the snow. It wouldn't be so bad if the kids would play outside without me, and if there was no snow on the roads. I feel your pain!

Ashlee said...

We found them at Target. I know Payless has them too, and they WERE having a BOGO sale, but I don't know if it's still on. I don't think it is. Anyway...yeah. Target. Of course. Love that store!

Buxton Family said...

Come join us in Texas. It is so cold here today...55 degrees for the high! Monday it was 80.