Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of School

Monday was the first day of school. Because my sister, Crystal, has been staying with us her daughter, Genea, got to be able to go to school with Landon this year. Normally I take my kids to school on their first day, but both Landon and Genea were WAY too excited to ride the bus to want me to take them. So, instead I waited with them at the bus stop. :0) Landon, being the almost 10-year old boy that he is, decided that the studly outfit I had picked out for him for the first day of school was not the right choice. He did wear the shirt I wanted him to wear....but he covered it up with his BSU hoodie. The brand new stylin' jeans I wanted him to wear....got shoved aside for some old worn out shorts. His reply when I asked him why he wasn't wearing his jeans?......
"WHAT? I like these shorts."
Yeah....good times.

Here is Landon, our next door neighbor Noah, Genea, and a new friend that just so happens to be in Genea's class. They all wait together at the bus stop and it has worked out so well.

The boys were super excited to see that their favorite bus driver, Shane, was their driver again this year. Apparently Shane is the nicest bus driver out of all them. That's what the boys say anyway....
The report at the end of the first day was a good one. Genea made friends in her new class at school and LOVES her teacher. Landon's friend, Hatim, apparently came home early from Africa and so he was able to be at school on the first day. Hatim and Landon get to be in the same class this year.
I guess this means so far so good. Of course we haven't even gotten through week 1...


1 comment:

Buxton Family said...

I haven't been on blogspot in quite some time. I love your new look. Cute new pictures and posts of the kids. I didn't know your sister was staying with you. I hope Landon enjoys school this year.