Our family vacation this year was unexpectedly changed last minute. Just prior to our planned trip to Utah I received a surprise message on facebook from a cousin whom I had never met. After I replied to her it seemed as though what began small became much bigger very quickly. Kind of like a small snowball rolling down a hill and becoming this ginormous ball. You know? Anyway, shortly after I messaged her, I received a message from my biological father, Mike. I have not been in contact with him for the majority of my life. My mother remarried when I was very young, so I grew up in a home with both a father and a mother.
Even so, my curiosity about the possibility of other family members being out there had always poked at the back of my mind. Hearing from Mike and Amy, my cousin, was quite unexpected. Because we were already headed to Utah for our family vacation, we decided to just travel a bit further south to St. George for it and meet everyone. We made a pit stop at my brother's house on the way there. While there he also made the last minute decision to make the trip.
This is me, my grandmother Halle Spencer, and my brother. Halle is 84 years old and had a stroke last year.
My brother, Mike, and myself. As you can see, Mike looks like Santa Claus. He plays the part during the Christmas season. Kind of crazy, huh?
Here is Mackenzee, my Aunt Paula, and Landon.
Mackenzee, Halle, Landon....
Landon, Greta, Halle, Alina, Austin, and Mackenzee. Poor Landon had just been body slammed before all of these pictures were taken. A few tears were shed before he tried to suck it up for the camera. :0)
We went to Snow Canyon while we were in St. George and were able to take a quick climb on some of the gorgeous red rocks around there.
Greta, Holly, Alina, Mackenzee, Austin, Landon, and me.
Here me and Holly are giving all the kids a boost up the rocks.
Can I just tell you how glad I am that I don't live in St. George. The red sand all over the feet of these kids drove me crazy! Could you imagine getting that all over your carpets? Not to mention that it was 110 degrees outside!We had a good time and were glad we were able to go and meet everyone.








No comments:
Post a Comment