Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dancing Queen











Today was Mackenzee's first day of dance class. She has been looking forward to this for WEEKS! Miss Cassia was kind enough to squeeze her in mid year because I was such a slacker in September. So, we do have some catching up to do with the other girls, but Kenzee looked like she was up for the challenge.

Though I had prepped her for what to expect I still wasn't sure how she would handle it. I told her she would have to go into the dance studio by herself and that I was only able to watch her from outside the window in the waiting area. She wasn't sure about it when I first told her, but seemed to accept it when I reminded her this morning. Miss Cassia was so surprised to see Mackenzee walk in the door and march right into the dance studio to "warm up" with the other girls running around the room. She didn't even look back.
So, we officially have a dancing queen in our home. Notice the ALL pink outfit she chose. {The shoes aren't her official dance shoes, though. She doesn't get to wear those outside of dance class. These are her pink "sparkle" shoes.} She can't wait to show you all her wicked moves. :0)

4 comments:

Montay said...

Way to go Kenzee!! Maggie can not wait o g oto Dance with you!

Buxton Family said...

I miss those days. I loved it when my kids were little and in dance. She is adorable.

Barbara said...

She looks so sweet.
She looks so much like my Teagan when she was that age and took dance. She stayed with it for along time and often talks about how much she loved it.
She is trying to find a young class for Charlotte but it is still a little early for her I think.
B.

Holly said...

She looks adorable! She'll be the cutest ballerina in the class.