Mackenzee is sure that we need to go somewhere EVERY day. Jaysen leaves the house every morning for work. Landon leaves every morning for school.
Me and Mackenzee? It just depends. Some days we have to go into work. Other days there are errands to run. Some days, we just stay in our jammies ALL DAY and stay home.
Mackenzee hates these days. She doesn't understand why she has to be stuck at home when she is sure there are so many fabulous, wonderful things in store for her if we just got in the car and went somewhere.
Monday was no different. So, at about 11:00 that morning, I figured we could make a quick run to the grocery store to get the few items I needed. Now, you must understand that in order to leave the house Mackenzee feels she needs to pack a bag of important things to take with her. You know, like wooden blocks and plastic toys from her play kitchen.
Monday was no different. :0) Except for that on Monday she decided she needed to pack a ziploc baggie filled with left over Halloween candy. Go figure. So armed with her candy and her pink teddy bear, Mackenzee strolled through Smith's grocery store with me.
We started in the produce section where I got some yummy oranges and bananas. While we were looking at the bagels {which happened to be on sale!} I noticed Mackenzee shoving a piece of her candy amongst the loaves of bread on the shelf.
"Mackenzee! What are you doing?"
"I hiding them mom. Then people come find them and they get candy too!"
"You can't just leave your candy on the shelf Mackenzee. I promise you that if someone finds it, they will probably just end up throwing it away. You should just save the candy and eat it yourself." {Lesson taught here? Don't share....aren't I a good mom?} :0)
So, we kept walking on and the next aisle over as I was pricing the bags of frozen chicken she tucked another piece of candy on the shelf by the peanut butter.
"Mackenzee! I told you not to do that! You can't just leave your candy lying all around the store."
"No mom. I sharing. People want the candy and I leave it here for them. Sharing is caring!"
"Well, you can't do that. It's not ok. Leave the candy in your bag or I will take it away."
We continue our journey through the aisles of the store and guess what? Mackenzee is still stashing "treasure" all over the store. It didn't help that another shopper told her that she wished she had a bag of candy too. Kenzee was thrilled and so sure that the lady would find her secret stashes of candy. You know, so the lady could have some candy too.
Sigh.....
At least I know she listens to me when I tell her to share. Right? Don't you think?
Anyway....I gave up trying to keep her from leaving a trail of candy. Because honestly....
sharing IS caring. :0)




3 comments:
She is too cute!! Maybe we should call her Gretel she will never get lost...
That is adorable! It really is sweet that she wanted to share...and funny, too.
What a cute story. She is such a sweet and fun little girl.
Post a Comment