So, it snowed on Saturday. And...it snowed some more yesterday. As most of you know...I am not a huge fan of the white, wet stuff. It's cold, it's hard to drive in, and it makes it really hard to walk when you are wearing sassy heels.
Since I do not enjoy the weather, I tend to stick to the indoors. Jaysen...he feels the same way as I do. But, he's way nicer than me about it. :0) Let me explain.
Mackenzee has been dying to play in the snow since Saturday. Well, Saturday was landon's birthday party and then by Sunday the snow had turned icy and hard, which makes it no fun to play in. With the new soft snow covering the ground, there was no denying her the opportunity to jump right in. {Unless you are me of course}. Jaysen came home early today so that he could shovel the sidewalk and driveway before it got dark. He told Mackenzee that she could go out front and play in the snow while he worked. She was elated! Thankfully, Landon's old snow pants fit her this year, so I bundled her up and sent her out with her dad.
I stayed inside nice and warm. :0) Hey! dinner DID need to be cooked! It definitely wasn't going to cook itself! :0)
Landon...he stuck with me. He's not a huge fan of the snow either. Smart boy.
Well, not long after I sent Mackenzee out Jaysen popped his head in the door and told me that I needed to go outside and take some pictures of Mackenzee. Why you ask? Jaysen built a little snow "hill" in the front yard for Mackenzee to ride the sled down. What? I thought he hated snow?
And...after Landon saw what was going on, he couldn't resist going out to play too. 
As for me? I took some pictures and happily went back inside to finish cooking dinner where it was nice and warm.
And...after Landon saw what was going on, he couldn't resist going out to play too. 
As for me? I took some pictures and happily went back inside to finish cooking dinner where it was nice and warm. Of course, the second it was dark outside Jaysen closed up shop and made everyone come in. Apparently you can catch pneumonia after dark. :0) Or something like that anyway...
Jaysen said so.
After the kids warmed up with hot chocolate and some homemade soup, we broke out the gingerbread house kit.
Normally we decorate these with the Burnham cousins at Grandma and Grandpa Burnham's house. This year the gingerbread house was just dropped off to us as there wasn't going to be a time when we could all get together to do it. :0( We still had fun though. I thought they did a great job on it, and added a little touch to it myself. Can you tell what my addition was? 
Normally we decorate these with the Burnham cousins at Grandma and Grandpa Burnham's house. This year the gingerbread house was just dropped off to us as there wasn't going to be a time when we could all get together to do it. :0( We still had fun though. I thought they did a great job on it, and added a little touch to it myself. Can you tell what my addition was? 
We are getting closer and closer to the big day! So much is going on it makes it so much fun for the kids. I've posted a few more things today, so don't forget to keep scrolling down to see what Landon has been up to! :0)




4 comments:
It looks like you all had a great time we had a blast behind the 4 wheeler in the snow and DARK don't tell Jaysen...
It snowed here yesterday so the kids and I made a snowman. It's nice when it's all fluffy and fresh, but when it's icy and gross I just want it to go away!! Cute Gingerbread house!
I love that Jaysen made the little snow, "hill" even though he doesn't like snow because those are great pictures. Way to sacrifice, Jaysen!
We cannot wait to play in the snow! Tell Jaysen to get the snow machines ready. Cute gingerbread house!
Post a Comment