That's right...this is part two. So, keep reading on for Part 1. Although...part 2 is actually really about Landon's Christmas play and not just those of us who got to watch the play. :0)
Last night was Landon's Christmas play. He, along with the rest of the 3rd graders at his school, have been working on this for months. He ended up with a fun part, too. His name was "Bix"...of the rock n roll drumming duo "Bix and Stix".
Doesn't he look tough? This was one of the poses he had to do during the performance. :0)He told me that I had to do his hair like this because it was part of his costume. He was very particular too. It HAD to be combed forward into a "V". Apparently all of the band members were supposed to do their hair like that. Interestingly, he was the only one with "rocker" hair. When I asked him about it afterwards he tried to cover up by saying that the other boys were supposed to do other styles with their hair and he was the only one who was supposed to have a "V". Hmmm....convenient.....don't you think? :0) I thought it was hilarious that he was sure he looked just like a rock star. {In his church pants even!}
Doesn't he look tough? This was one of the poses he had to do during the performance. :0)He told me that I had to do his hair like this because it was part of his costume. He was very particular too. It HAD to be combed forward into a "V". Apparently all of the band members were supposed to do their hair like that. Interestingly, he was the only one with "rocker" hair. When I asked him about it afterwards he tried to cover up by saying that the other boys were supposed to do other styles with their hair and he was the only one who was supposed to have a "V". Hmmm....convenient.....don't you think? :0) I thought it was hilarious that he was sure he looked just like a rock star. {In his church pants even!} The name of the play was Elfis and the Sleigh Riders. Obviously...this meant it was a musical. Landon was part of the band that accompanied the Elfis's who sang for Santa Claus. He had a "drum" that he wore around his neck as he sat up front to "play" the drums for the songs the kids sang. 

Can I just tell you how impressed I am with my kid? For those of you who have known Landon for a while, you know that he has been a fairly shy child. He still has trouble saying his line in the Primary Programs held each year. He gets embarrased and nervous....sick to his stomach. Like with his piano recitals....he usually just wants to run away. But, Landon surprised me last night. He did start out kind of reserved, but was able to keep with his part nonetheless. Then, as the play progressed....and he started having more fun with it....he really got into it. He was tapping his toes, and bobbing his head to the music. His drumsticks were being used a bit more emphatically. He said his parts loudly and with a smile. I just couldn't believe it. My mom came to see him perform and we were in shock. We had so much fun watching him, too. 

His friend, Cole, was one of the narrators and had some seriously long lines! I couldn't believe it! All memorized and no mistakes! Way to go Cole!

Landon has had so much fun having Cole at his school. They get into such mischief! But they both did such a good job at their performance. :0)
Landon even told me that he wants to be in more plays. Who'd have thunk it?




3 comments:
Cole said to tell you " AWESOME and thats for putting my kid on your blog" then he proceeded to tell me I need to blog more about him and his friends too...
Happy Birthday Landon! You did a great job on his cake and the gingebread house looked great too!
Merry Christmas!
I love the hair Landon! What a fun play.
Post a Comment