Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shelby Welby


My neice, Shelby {whom I lovingly refer to as Shelby Welby and have since she was little}, stayed here in Twin for a little over a week after her family came to visit for my mom's birthday. Where she lives, they let school out for a couple of weeks for potato harvest. And, since she wasn't planning on harvesting any potatoes :0) she got to hang with my mom and me for a while. We just love Shelby Welby and had so much fun having her here. Especially little Mackenzee. She adores her older cousin and ate up all the attention that Shelby gave her. Honestly, when it was time for Shelby to go home, I'm pretty sure that Mackenzee had decided that she was 12 years old too. She became quite the little diva during Shelby's stay. :0)


Even though I was able to steal her from my mom for a few days already, her last couple of days in Twin were with me as well. Her last night we stayed up till the wee hours making these adorable hair ribbons. Shelby loves to do her hair and looks so cute with the sassy little ribbons tucked in her beautiful red hair. She made one in every color and then some...and I made oodles for Mackenzee too.


The next day I made her get all dolled up so I could take a snap of her with one of her ribbons in her hair. She decided Mackenzee needed to get dolled up too, and, amazingly, Mackenzee actually let someone curl her hair. {Like I said, she thought she was as old as Shelby} They both looked super sassy. :0)


Mackenzee bawled when my mom came to pick Shelby up to take her home, and cried the next day too. It's hard to say goodbye to cousins when they have to go home because we miss them all so much when they're gone. We can't wait until Thanksgiving when we can all get together again! :0)

7 comments:

Holly said...

Love the hair bows! They are addicting to make, aren't they?

Montay said...

They look so cute!!

Buxton Family said...

What a fun time. I like Mackenzee's curly hair.

Holly said...

We love and miss you too Shelby Welby!

Holly said...

Oh, and the bows are super cute!

Shannon said...

Looks like a fun time. Great job on the bows.

Lauren in GA said...

Those are such cute girls and cute bows, too!