Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Full circle

You know those moments when you wonder if your child really does belong to you because what they do isn't anything remotely close to how you would do it?

Like how Mackenzee is such a free spirited child and has yet to meet a stranger....I often look at her and wonder....but then I remember who her father is and realize she probably does belong to us. :0) {She gets her stubbornness from him too. It couldn't possibly come from me. I'm way to laid back and easy going.....what's that? Oh...you knew better than that, huh? Oh well, doesn't hurt to try}

Anyway.....I have had these moments with Landon too, but today I knew for sure he was mine. We were on the way home from his soccer game and as I was driving I was doing a little potty dance. {Too much information?} Landon noticed and told me that he hoped I didn't pee my pants. I told him I was in full agreement on that one. And then....he said it.

"Just think about dry things mom."

My immediate family is now busting up laughing because they know...oh yes, they know what I am referring to. Sigh. And I about did pee my pants just hearing him say those six words.

When I was younger...oh, about Landon's age....I told someone else to just think about dry things.....you know...like flour, and sand....

I have never repeated this to my children because I would like to forget about the retarded things I said as a child {though my family keeps reminding me}. So, for him to randomly come up with this on his own....

You can only imagine. It has come full circle. He is my child. Not that you were really wondering.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

That is too funny, I have never heard that before, but it does make sense. It is uncanny sometimes isn't it how much our children reflect us? Sometimes that terrifies me, but stories like these make me happy.

Buxton Family said...

I can't read your blog anymore because your text is white and my computer will not bring up your new background. The picture of Landon is cute though!

Lauren in GA said...

Ah, he is definitely yours if you said the exact same thing as you! That is so funny!

I laughed at your saying, "what's that? Oh, you know better than that, huh?"

Shannon said...

Too funny how that full circle works isn't it.

Holly said...

Landon is definately yours, I'm surprised you wondered;)

Buxton Family said...

Today your background came up and I can read your post! That is too funny. He is so cute...how could he not be yours?

Nicole said...

I love it!