Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bass Lake Barbecue

Friday was Jaysen's last day of his "vacation" time. So, we decided to invite some friends down to Bass Lake to have a bbq and swim. Unfortunately, this is what it looked like when we got there....
I realize the sky looks blue....but there were MUCHO clouds and it was raining with thunder and lightning. So, much to our frustration, we were not allowed to get in the water.Kenzee took that opportunity to convince Ian to slip her a chocolate chip cookie behind the Momma's back. Shame Ian!

See the raindrops on the water? The kids were going crazy because they weren't allowed to even get NEAR the water. If they got any closer than Maggie is in this picture, they yelled at them. Sigh.So, Jaysen lighted up the barbecue and got the burgers, dogs, and ribs cooking. There was a patch of blue sky headed our way, so we hoped that by the time we finished eating it would have cleared up enough for them to let us in the water.
So, with the babies chilling... {pictured are Tatem and Sadie...we are minus miss Sophie in this picture}
And the grown ups chatting...

the kids decided to make the most of it and build sand castles while they waited. {from left to right...Kenzee, Cole, Abby, Landon, Maggie, and Rhett}

Just as soon as we were done eating, the Gods smiled upon us and LOOK! Blue skies! This is the Perrine Bridge for those of you unfamiliar with Twin Falls. This is the view we get of the bridge from down in the canyon. Pretty isn't it?
So, we took to the water....some stayed ashore....the rest of us swam out to the dock for a few cannonballs.
Sadly, not long after the skies cleared....the clouds came back along with more lightning. So, our time in the water was over... :0(
We were hoping it would clear up again, so to pass the time we played a bit of volleyball. It was boys against the girls. The boys team {as pictured} consisted of Cole, Rhett, and Landon.


The girls team included myself, Montay, and the little girls Kenzee, Abby and Maggie {in the boy team picture}. Since we didn't keep score, I don't know who won. I don't know that many points were actually scored, though in the picture above Montay totally scored on the boys. It was wicked awesome...... :0)

The skies never cleared up for us, so we decided it was time to call it a night. It was such a nice evening though. We can't wait to do it again!

6 comments:

Barbara said...

You live in such a Beautiful part of the country ...We were there once for Shaun and Teagan's wedding..but this time of year seems a lot nicer...(they were married in March)
My summer vacation has ended...so I guess I have to look forward to the holidays. Accually the fall is my favorite time of year. When do you all go back to school. Shaun's mother works at the high school there in Twin but I don't remember what she told me.
Loved the pictures!!Fondly, B.

Montay said...

Thanks for the BBQ it was so fun to get together and have some fun of whats left of the summer....

Lauren in GA said...

I love how you called out, "Shane Ian" when you saw Kenzee's delicious chocolate chip cookie face :)

BeCcA said...

Looks like you had a great time. I have never been to bass lake. The picture of the bridge is beautiful.

Natalie Service said...

Ian is one of the best "uncles" in the whole world! That was such a fun BBQ party with every one. I'm looking to more of those with more people saying YES to the invite! You guys are awesome! Thanks again.

Alicia said...

Looks like a great time, sorry we missed out. I am glad you got a little water time. Call us again.