Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sucker!

You see this guy? Remember him? I just told you all about him. But there's something I left out.....



He's a sucker for this girl. I don't think I ever truly understood the phrase daddy's girl until Jaysen and Mackenzee. Now, I know my daughter loves me. Even though she told me, "You mean mommy!" just this morning. She loves me. The kisses, hugs, and cuddles tell me she does. But, there's just something about her daddy.....She "knows" when he gets home from work. Like a little beeper goes off in her head. We were in the kitchen and all of a sudden she screams, "DADDY!" We were nowhere near a window, had not heard a car....so I told her that dad was not home yet. Two seconds later...he walks through the door. What???? She KNOWS. Sigh. And she knows just how to push his buttons to get what she wants too. He falls for it every time. The new nickname I have given him is "sucker" because it's sooooo true. Her new "win" over him is at bedtime. EVERY night she cons him into laying down with her in OUR bed until she falls asleep. It's a 30 minute ritual. Why? Because he just can't stand to see her sad face when he lays her down in her crib. It "breaks" his heart. Yeah.....it doesn't break mine. She doesn't want to go to bed, so she cries. Just like EVERY other kid in the world. She'll get over it.
And that's why she tells me I'm mean. How can I compete with daddy? There's no way. He's the nice one. At least I've got Landon that loves me....oh, wait. He tells me I'm mean too. Sigh.
There's no hope for me.
He's still a sucker.....

1 comment:

Alicia said...

That is too cute. Men are suckers for their kids, but like you it makes me melt doesn't it?