So, my friend, Alicia, loaned me this book Thursday and I haven't been able to put it down since. In fact, I finished it this morning. ;0) It's Sunday. Yeah.....A couple of late nights there but I got through it. So, you all need to find a copy and read it!
OK, let me start by saying that this is the first of many. It's a series of books, of which only three have been written. Number three was just recently released. The author, Stephanie Meyer, is being compared to JK Rowling. You know, Harry Potter writer lady. ;0) Alicia is actually Stephanie's cousin. Which is awesome. Anyway...the book is about a girl named Isabella, which is awesome in the first place because that is one of my favorite names. If we were ever to have another daughter (which won't happen) that is what I would name her. But, this girl likes to be called Bella. Anyway...she moves to a new school her junior year of high school to go live with her dad in a small town (Castleford-like) in Washington. She's one of those out of sorts girls...awkward, not normal. You get the idea. She meets a boy that she is completely intrigued by and the story tells about their "friendship". See.....he's a vampire. No, it's not one of those horror bloody type of things. I'm not interested in those. He's a "good" vampire. Doesn't kill people. Anyway...it just goes about explaining how the two of them attempt to be friends when they are such an unlikely duo.
Very good writing. I was not bored once with any of the writing. The writer didn't blather on with unnecessary details. She was to the point and kept the flow of the story going well. So, if any of you like Harry Potter....you need to start reading about Bella and Edward. I can't wait to see where the story goes from here. Stephanie will actually be on the Today show this weekend (9/22) so you can find out more about her there if you'd like. Or she has a website...just type in Twilight and New Moon into your Google Search and you'll find the whole site about all of her books.
Oh! One more side note here...the writer was a stay at home mom....three boys....and had a dream one night. Apparently remembering every detail...because that's what these books are about. Some random dream she had. I thought that was a nice little detail. Kudos to her for accomplishing her "dream". ;0)
By the way Alicia...I'm ready for the second one. Can I borrow it too? :0)
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Twilight
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I can't believe you already finished it, you are amazing. Good though, huh? I had not idea she was on the Today, glad you included that. And yes, I will bring the book over tomorrow if you want. I should probably just bring both, huh?
I read this book quickly, but was a little disappointed in it. I think it was because it was built up so much that it was a bit of a let down for me. The sexual tension got a bit old for me. The vampire angle is interesting and different from any book I have read so it peaks my interest enought to continue reading.
Post a Comment