So, I don't know what happened...but all of a sudden, we're photographers! The last month we have had three different people ask us to take photos for them. Now, though Jaysen has a degree in photography, I am a complete amateur. So, for me to be asked was wierd. I did have fun with it though.....
It started with my Aunt Anna, who does the PR work for my Aunt Jan. She owns a Physical Therapy Center, and just had her open house a few months ago. Beautiful building....anyway....they needed a picture for the website. So, Anna called Jaysen and asked him to take a few pictures. I know he had a hard time with it because the landscaping is so new that there wasn't much green. Mostly just building and pavement. But, in a few years, it will be awesome!
And then Rivercrest Apartments gave me a call and asked if I would take some updated photos for their website and for other purposes. Me? Now, I do LOVE to take pictures..and being married to Jaysen has helped me to learn a lot (and also be able to have an AWESOME camera with multiple lenses), but I'm no professional. Anyway...I took pictures for 2 hours and took 90 pictures. I was so worried that I wouldn't end up with anything good. But they turned out ok. I had fun with Photoshop adding blue skies and cleaning up some of the pictures. Time consuming though....
Part of the reason they needed photos was for potential investors, so I made a slide show of the best photos that showcased every aspect of the property, inside and out. The Corporation that owns Rivercrest is Bach Corporation, so I set the pictures to Bach music (Air is the title of the song). Good stuff huh?
The best part about this job though? I actually get paid for it! Yeah. Me...a paid photographer....nice!
And finally, Jaysen's cousin Debbie got married on Saturday and he was asked to take the pictures. So, I went along as his assistant. She looked SOOOO pretty. Anyway...I had fun doing it with Jaysen. He took the photos, but I got to arrange them in the photo and tell them where to stand and what to do. Good stuff!
And since it's family...I'm going to be making a slideshow for Debbie as well of all the pictures. I found out what "their song" was and just happen to have it on CD (go figure), so I'll put the pictures to that.
With all of this picture taking I told Jaysen we should start advertising as Burnham and Burnham, photographers. :0)
I'm just kidding. But I did have fun with it. Pictures are sooo important. For a lot of reasons. So, for me to be able to help out with their picture needs....I'm all for it!
Monday, September 10, 2007
Say Cheese!
Deep Thoughts by Ashlee at 8:15 AM
Labels: photography
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment