Thursday, September 06, 2007

Flashback!

So, Jaysen's mom decided she was ready to gut out her basement and get rid of all the excess stuff her kids had left behind. She boxed everything up and we ended up with five boxes of STUFF. Jaysen brought two of them in the other night and our house has not been the same since.

Yes...that is He-Man....Master of the Universe. ;0) The original from back in the early 80s.


And yes....this is all G.I. Joe stuff. We've got the Hovercraft, desert jeep, snowmobile, motorcycle, snow truck, and helicopter along with numerous Real American Heroes. I actually recognize several of them. He didn't have a Scarlet action figure though. ;0) Anyway...we've also now got Cobra Commander in two forms, along with the silver faced man (don't remember his name) along with several Cobra Cronies. Good Stuff.


And, last but not least....Star Wars! We've got the original Action Figure Collectors Case, but only three action figures were remaining. Jaysen said he had more at one time, but apparently they didn't make it. And C3PO is missing half of his face. ;0)

Anyway...Landon is so fascinated by these toys. For 20 minutes this morning I had to explain to him about the Hovercraft and how it worked, and then let him know who He-Man was. Man, are these kids missing out! Who needs video games when you can have a Master of the Universe or a Real American Hero? In fact, when I told him that we were going to have to go through the boxes and see what was worth salvaging he freaked when I told him that the Hovercraft might have to go. "No mom! I'll play with it! I promise! Let's keep it OK?" Luckily Jaysen showed me where the rest of the missing pieces were, so it's become a keeper.

And, to top off Landon's fascination...there was also a huge jet plane in one of the boxes and Mackenzee's new fascination is airplanes...so she's claimed that one! It was like Christmas Morning in my house! I've been flashing back to me playing G.I. Joe and He-Man with my brother when we were really little too and it's been a hoot. I teased Jaysen about it though...told him that when he got these as a kid I was probably still a toddler...good times. ;0)

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Come on, who had more fun playing, the kids or you and Jaysen?