Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Painted Black

Though I do love that song.....I'm not loving the color right now. Let me explain.....

So, I like to change my hair. I do it a lot. Whether I cut it, layer it, dye it, perm it......whatever. I'm always feeling like I need to do something different. Anyway, I was born a blonde. Which is pretty obvious if you take a look at my kids. They are both blondies....well, after 28 years...my hair has slowly faded into brown. I've dyed it and dyed it for 10 years now so that I could be the blonde I was born to be :0) but I've just about had it with the upkeep. So, I decided several weeks ago that I was going to return to my "roots" and be a brunette. Chocolate brown is what I was going for. So, since I usually do most of my hair dying in the comfort of my own bathroom, I went and bought a box of color from Target. The box was for Chocolate brown hair. Yay! Put it on, did the whole thing, rinsed and did my hair....and it was still blonde. A darker blonde...but blonde nonetheless. Sigh. Nobody could tell the difference. NOBODY! Not even my sister! And girls notice this kind of stuff.
So, yesterday I went and bought a second box of color. A different brand, but still for chocolate brown hair. Put it on last night night....did the whole thing.....and now my hair is BLACK! What the crap! And I'm not kidding. Jaysen is trying to be nice about it...but I can see through it. Landon is worried that he's going to get lost if we go somewhere because I don't look like myself. Sigh. It's ugly. So, this morning I called my friend who is a stylist and asked her what I could possibly do without further frying my hair. And guess what? I have to have black hair for two weeks before I can dye again, otherwise I might as well shave my head for the frying that will occur if I dye a third time. And even then, I can only add chocolate brown highlights. Sigh. So, I have black hair....for two weeks. There will be no picture on the blog about it. And I won't be leaving the house much......that's what I get for trying to be a brunette.

I guess I'm just too much of a "blonde" to figure this stuff out. ;0)

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Ok, you have to post a picture,, I can't even imagine it, but I'll bet you look better than you think, you are so pretty anyway, the hair color won't matter.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna need a picture!