Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School

Sniff. Sniff. This is my baby Landon just before he turned one. Isn't he a cutie? So small, so much fun............so small.

And this is my baby Landon this morning just before I took him to his first day of second grade.
Still a cutie, still fun...but so big! When did he get to be so big? Almost 8 years old? Second grade? It makes me so sad to see him getting so big so quickly. But, also so excited for the fun things that come with having an 8 year old.
Anyway, he was sooo excited for the first day of school. I didn't even have to wake him up. He was up before Jaysen! Which was good though because we had to get to his school early so I could drop off the Open Court Reading books we put together for the third grade this past weekend and then also pay his lunch money. So, we were there when the doors opened at 8:00 this morning! He got 30 minutes of playground time this morning! ;0)
Anyway...we'll be having his favortie for dinner tonight, as is our usual tradition for the first day of school. Chicken Alfredo, or as he calls it...Noodles with White Sauce. ;0) I hope he has a good day!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Our day went well, I cried leaving him as I knew I would, but he had great time and wants to go back, I couldn't ask for anything more. Landon is sure a good looking kid, and yes, he has really grown up.