So, I had a birthday even though I told everyone that I wasn't going to have one. :0)
But, I must say that I have some pretty wicked awesome friends and family. Friday night I had plans to go out with my friend, Montay, for a fun non-birthday dinner. While eating some fabulous pasta at Tomato's we decided it might be fun to go to the movies afterwards. Well, instead of driving to the theatre, Montay started to drive me out to the country. She swore we were going to go to Jackpot and that her hubby, Rob, and Jaysen were already in Jackpot waiting for us. {That was my first clue that she was LYING!} But, I went along for the ride. Why not....right? Then, my dear friend, Montay, turned on the EXACT same road that you would normally go down to get to my grandparents house. When I asked her if we were going there she said "Maybe". {Honestly Montay, you are a CRAPPY liar!} Of course, when she turned down my grandparents lane and I saw oodles of cars parked outside their barn I realized what was going on.
There had been an EVIL scheme going on behind my back to make sure that I really DID have a birthday! 
This is my "SURPRISE!" picture....look how EVIL Montay's grin is. PUNK!
What happened after that? The DJ showed up and we boogied down all night. Oh....and ate chocolate cake and cheesecake. It was wicked awesome!
My friend, Jenn, drove all the way up from Salt Lake to come and celebrate with me. I haven't seen her in over two years and it was so much fun to shake our booties together again {like in the good old days.....when I wasn't 30}


Yes, we even danced the Macarena. Honestly, I think it has been nine years since I did the Macarena. I couldn't even remember all of the moves....
Here are the slacker boys pretending that they can't dance because they are so ravenously hungry that they must consume mass quantities of MY chocolate cake. :0)


The Jaques family....Amy did all of the decorations. Thanks so much Amy!
Landon has some wicked awesome dance moves......seriously. He danced the night away with me.
Princess Mackenzee even graced us with her prescence. :0) I love how she's got the fork in one hand, but has chosen the more "Proper" approach to inhaling chocolate cake......using her fist.
Ben and Heather Bingham
Who was the mastermind behind this whole crazy thing? My dear hubby, Jaysen. He thought of everything from the chocolate to the cheesecake to the music and dancing.




2 comments:
Oh, man, my butt looks kinda big in that one shot. Oh, well. Check out my blog~ bumblebabyblog.blogspot.com
Awwwww, Happy Birthday! You look great! I like your hair cut.
I think it is great that your husband and friends put it all together for you.
Hey, thanks for your sweet and encouraging words on my blog about our little John being born so early.
Post a Comment