So, I am thinking of turning this blog into a private one. I haven't fully made up my mind though. I love that so many family members and friends have been able to look me up through my blog, and obviously each of them will recieve an invite to keep stopping by, BUT I worry about how much personal stuff I share on my blog. Too many crazies out there.
I like to use my blog as my family journal. It is a place where I can quickly jot down the moments in life that tend to be forgotten. Still, they are sometimes personal and I don't like that any random person can have access to my "deep" thoughts. :0)
So, the struggle to decide lies within my worry about lurkers vs. my worry about family still feeling like they have easy access. Those who are not so computer literate may have a hard time with the whole logging in process.
Give me your thoughts. What do you think? Should I keep it the way it is or should I lock this baby up? I've been doing this for almost three years now and have never worried about it until now. Sigh. Dang crazy people anyway!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Private thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
I wouldn't blog if it didn't have the private option. To me the slight possibility of a picture of my child being used for evil would keep me up a night. I love the privacy, I don't need or want strangers looking at my family. It's no question what to do for me. There's my 2 cents.:)
I went through the same thing. I changed the URL to the blog, and only told the people I wanted to invite what the new URL was. I also got rid of any mention of our last name, or the real names of my husband and child. For a VERY long time you couldn't reach the blog through my blogger profile either. Only after a year or so did I re-allow it to be displayed. You have two, so you'd essentially have to do that twice if you don't want people to find you by going from one blog to the other. :) Let me know if you need help... It isn't too hard... Just be sure to give everyone notice! :)
I've had the same worries. I don't think my mom would look at my blog if she had to set up an account and log in. That is really why I started it in the first place so I'm torn. I try to keep track of who comes on and off of my blog on a regular basis. So far the only strange person I've noticed is from Trenton, NJ. They visit my blog and several of my friends. It is a tough decision.
I also worried about my mom and my MIL not being able to see my blog if I go private. But I just got a comment from my mom, so no worries. Obviously you know my opinion.
I think private is the way to go....but then same thing with my parents, they are not computer smart....however, I want my kids to be safe number one...so, I think i am going to be right behind you on the private thing....just not sure how to do it!!!
Humm something to think about I may have to jump ship with you isnt that what they say if your friend jump will you I say in this case yep!!
Schlee! I miss you. I love checking your blog and I wouldn't mind signing in. I've created a public blog for my ASL Club and have considered creating a personal one: kind of a lazy-girl scrap book. If I decide to create a personal blog it will definitely be locked and private. I don't blame you one bit for wanted to protect your precious memories from creepies :) ~Jenn
Ashlee, I am a 100% lurker and have been since last Christmas when I found your baking site looking for the mint kiss choc cookie recipe. I love your sites and would be sad if they went private but totally understand that you must protect your kids. I am a mom in Denver (my daughter and K are the same age), but grew up in a Mormon part of NV so relate to lots of your stories. I would love it if you would consider inviting me if you do go private.
Post a Comment