children's bedtime stories...but whatever it is that I happen to be reading. My sister, Melanie, gave me the book 'The Five Love Languages' for my bday and I've just started reading it. In the very beginning of the book there is a conversation between a man who has been divorced three times and the author of this book. Now...picture me and Mackenzee snuggled in bed and me reading this aloud...
"...So my question is, What happens to love after the wedding? Is my experience common? Is that why we have so many divorces in our country? I can't believe that it happened to me three times. And those who don't divorce, do they learn to live the emptiness, or does love really stay alive in some marriages? If so, how?"

To which my Kenzee immediately piped up saying, "In the TEMPLE!"
We are so excited to be able to go through the new Twin Falls Temple this next week. To be able to go through with family will be such an amazing and wonderful experience. We get to go through twice before the dedication, as we will be going through with Jaysen's parents on August 9th as well. What an awesome opportunity for my children. We are so excited...especially Kenzee. She is sure that the golden statue on the top of the temple is her daddy. :0) It doesn't matter how many times I try to explain to her otherwise, she emphatically declares that it is her dad up there!




8 comments:
Awwwwwwww! I love that she said that!
I have been gone on family vacation so I am catching up on all of the posts I missed...I am glad you are having a great summer :)
Sweet!
We can't wait to see the temple too! It'll be such a fun weekend.
What a smart girl!
she is TOO CUTE! and she just wants to be like mommy and read her stuff. too funny!
What a sweet comment. I loved catching up on your posts. I wish we could go through the temple. I was really looking forward to it.
Sometimes it seems like children do have a direct line to Heavenly Father!! Certainly in this case it seems possible.
Now have I asked you if you know the Condie family in Twin? Did we have this conversation?
B.
Great that you are reading to her at bedtime, no matter what it is. It is your own special time together that she will remember! We are coming to T.F. the first week in August to go through the temple, can't wait!
Post a Comment