

I asked him when lessons were over how it was..
"Mom..it was so hard! I had to swim all by myself with no help!"
Uh....yeah. That's kind of the point right? :0) He got to jump off the diving board too, which he loved. Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch much of his class to see his wicked awesome swimming skills because....
I had to don my own swimming suit for the mommy and me class I've got Kenzee in. I figured I'd better get a better start on lessons with my second child than I did with my first. You know...that whole "learning from past mistakes" thing. :0) Just not too thrilled to have to put on the swimming suit. Yuck!
She was scared at first and had a death grip on my neck, which was wierd because she was dying to jump in. I let her take it at her own pace and it wasn't long before she nudged off the first step onto the second one....and then stood up in the water. Of course, she was still tightly clinging to my hands, but still! Over the course of the next 40 minutes I was able to convince her to blow bubbles in the water {that took some coaxing}, and then to put her nose and then even her eyes in the water. She was so proud of herself. :0) She is sure she's a swimmer now and was so mad when class was over and we had to get out of the water.

So, if you are wondering...we'll be at the pool every night for the next two weeks....getting our swim "on". :0)




6 comments:
You are doing so much better than me. I had good intentions to get Abby in swimming early in the summer...still hasn't happened!
Ya, I've never put my kids in swimming classes so at least you're doing it!:)
Way to go girl!!! You look so cute swimming with Kenzee and Landon way to go all by yourself...
Swimming lessons!!! What a great way to cool off.
Swimming is the best!
Our kids were swim team kids...first summer teams and then year round...I think it kept them out of trouble and they gained a respect for excercise and taking care of their bodies.
So GO GO GO ...swimming is GREAT!.
Fondly, B.
Soon your kids will be fish. I've always felt swim lessons were a top priority. Drowning used to be one of my top fears for my kids. Now we have moved on to rape.
Post a Comment