Thursday, May 08, 2008

What a Stud!

This kid continually amazes me. He truly is a stud. For the last month and a half we have been practicing his 7, 8, and 9s for his 50 in a minute tests at school. For those of you that don't know what 50 in a minute tests are, I will explain. The kids are given 50 math problems and have to complete them all in 60 seconds. So, this means that Landon has been working on his multiplication and division problems starting with 7s, 8s, and 9s. Like 8x9, 72/9, etc. Let me remind you that he is in 2nd grade. That's crazy to me! He's 8 years old. I don't remember having to do math problems that hard when I was in 2nd grade. Anyway...this last week...he passed them all! He is so excited and I'm excited for him! We had a little party Tuesday night after he came home and told me. We had his favorite for dinner, noodles with white sauce :0), and I bought those yummy {and naughty} Lofthouse cookies with the pink frosting. He ate two of them after having seconds on his ravioli. :0)
I am so proud of him. He had to work really hard for the last month and a half to get to this point. My son usually gives up after a while on certain things. And his really mean mom made him work on finding out what the answers were when we first started. He wanted me to just give him the answers. Yep, that's me. The MEAN MOM!
Because he has completed all of these tests he will get a trophy at school. He just barely didn't make it last year. He is thrilled about being able to display his new shiny award for all to see. And I am thrilled for him. Congrats Landon!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

As a teacher I applaud your efforts to support your son in his endeavors!!
Good work MOM...I wish there were more moms out there like you:)
Congratulations to your son too.
Fondly,B.

Montay said...

Way to go Landon I am way excited to see the award you are getting good job keep up the good work!

Bonnie B. said...

Woohoo Landon! You totally rock!

Have you ever tried to do 50 math problems in a minute. I tried. It's not easy. Or maybe I'm an idiot.

Lauren in GA said...

Congrats, to you Landon!


I know what you mean...I have a second grader, too and they are having timed math tests...it really stresses my little guy out!

So great that you gave him a special dinner!