Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Tiger Update


After such an exciting game on Friday night, there was no way that Jaysen was going to miss the two teams playing again last night. So, it was a basketball FHE!
It was still fierce, but not like on Friday. Different refs, and better calls for both teams made it a little less stressful {for some of us anyway}. I chose to sit in front of Perry {Jaysen's dad} and was sure I was going to end up needing a hearind aid by the time the game was over. Rita attempted to calm him down, but there was no way he was going to stop until the game was won. He made me laugh so hard. :0) He would start complaining about a call before he even knew what the call was.
Perry: "What? She didn't do anything wrong! She's the one that got fouled!"
Rita: "Perry! That what they called!"
Perry: "Oh. I thought they said she travelled."
Yeah.... {lol}
Anyway...the Tigers started off the game rather sloppy and we were all starting to worry. The Bobcats scored the first basket again this game. Bad passes went from there, and it wasn't pretty. But, thankfully they got their game ON and played hard.
And do you know what I've decided...girls are just MEAN! Ok, so I haven't JUST decided this. I already knew that. But, wow! The Bobcats were pretty upset when they started realizing they were getting outplayed and that they were losing. They fouled just for the sake of fouling. Almost as if they just didn't care anymore. Jerome steals the ball, so another naughty little Bobcat would trip, push, MANHANDLE the poor girl. It was vicious. And, though I'm not a basketball player, I do know that fouling isn't the goal of the game. It's rather frowned upon. Which is why you can get kicked out of the game for it. I realize there are times when you have your team strategically foul and what not...but not so maliciously. Or maybe I'm wrong. Oh well. One of the Bobcat girls even got a technical called on her. The girl! So, you can see how HOT it was getting in there.
No matter, the Tigers kept it going till the end and won the game by around 10 points!
And you know what that means?????
They are DISTRICT CHAMPIONS! We are so happy for Jordan. What a way to end her high school basketball career! She is a senior, so it's a great way to go out. Now, they are on to state in a couple of weeks. We're rooting for you Jordan! Go Tigers!

1 comment:

Buxton Family said...

My dad is the one who needs the hearing aid! I'm so excited for Jordan.