Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Yyyyeeeesss!

I was up late last night. It was the first of our two PTA meetings for the month and I didn't get home until 10:15. {that's normal} My brain doesn't just SHUT OFF quickly. So, after getting into my pj's I grabbed my book and plopped on the couch for a bit of reading to wind me down. After realizing I had read longer than intended {which is what usually happens} I crawled into bed. It was late.

I didn't want to get up this morning because of my late night. The children were good little kids and slept in until 7:30! But I STILL didn't want to get out of bed. So, I'm trying to make my eyes open as I lay there listening to Landon getting his breakfast {I know, aren't I a good mommy?} and all of a sudden I feel a tug on my blanket.

"Mommy, ont nana's. Nana's mommy, nana's!" So much for my last seconds of snuggling in my bed. Mackenzee LOVES bananas. Boots the Monkey from Dora likes the bananas...therefore she HAS to like them too. She eats a lot of them. It's not normal for the bananas in our house to go bad if she knows we've got some on the counter. Unfortunately for Kenzee, it appears our banana's have gone bad. What? I know...

I finish up the morning ritual of making sure Landon is ready to go and rush him out the door to the bus stop and then sit down for my morning cup of cocoa and blog surfing. "Moooommmyyy! Nana's! Peeeaaaasss!" Knowing I had grocery shopping to do anyway, I told her "if you are good {yeah right} we'll go to the store" {I'm interrupted at this point} "and nana's? Yyyyeeeeeessssss!" She jumped up and landed in a crouch, and then rolled around on the floor while screaming this. It was hilarious. She's never done this before, and to have it happen over bananas made me laugh. I attempted to get her to do it all over again so I could get a picture, but this was the best I could get. Apparently the excitement had worn off.

Just so you know......we now have bananas.

5 comments:

Bonnie B. said...

LOL! She is so funny. I love it when my kids get excited over little things like that. Of course, I never have the camera nearby to take cute pictures. Kids are great!

Alicia said...

That is so funny, apparently she was very happy to get her bananas, you are a very nice mom!

Anonymous said...

hey, bananas can do that to a girl! hehe

she is too cute

Buxton Family said...

I wish I were there to give her a big hug. She is such a cutie.

Holly said...

Oh, we miss you guys! Mckenzee looks so big I can't believe it!! I hope you guys are doing well.