This is one of my favorite Aerosmith songs. It came out around 1997 and I watched it on MTV in my dorm and thought it was hilarious. Just silly words, and an even wierder video. You can check out the music video on the link here. But, this song has now taken on a whole new meaning for me. I'll tell you why after you read on....
Pink - it's my new obsession
Pink - it's not even a question,...
...Pink - it's the color of passion
Ah, 'cause today it just goes with the fashion
Pink - it was love at first sight
Yeah, Pink - when I turn out the light...
...And I think everything is going to be all right...
...'Cause Pink - it's my favorite crayon
Okay, so now let me explain. Though some of the lyrics of this songhave ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with my point here, I selected those in the song that do. I heard this song again yesterday and just laughed.
This, is Mackenzee and "Pink". Pink is what she's named her blanket. I bought this blanket for her before she was born, and then was given another one just like it as a gift when she was born. So, there are two identical blankets in this house. For a while, this blanket was called "mine". And then about 4 or 5 months ago, it became "Pink". Pink is her favorite color. Everything has to be pink. Her clothes, her milk, her ice cream, her shoes, socks, food, crayons, markers, pens, books...you name it...she'll ask for it in pink. It drives me crazy. So, it made sense anyway that she would rename her special blanket pink. And, even though there are two of the same, only one of them counts as the special one. The other one is "different". Why? I'll tell you.

Do you see this PINK corner of her special blanket held by her cute little hands? This is why PINK matters. The two PINK corners of this blanket are not quite PINK anymore. This is the cleanest I can get it, though the corners have been known to get darker in between washes. Getting the blanket from her to be able to wash it is a whole other story....How did the blanket get this way you ask?

Because of this. Those corners she rubs and rubs and rubs on her cheek and mouth to "comfort" herself. Sometimes the corner gets sucked on. It's truly gross. But it makes her feel better. So, what can I do?
Pink...it's her new obsession, cause today it just goes with the fashion, it was love at first sight, she needs it when she turns out the light, and when she has it everything will be all right. And it's definitely her favorite crayon. :0)
Now do you get it?
Now do you get it?




4 comments:
So fun I love that she has a special corner of the blanket Cole used to rub him face with the corners of the blanket until they were literaly gone.
makes sense to me. ahh, to have something that makes you feel that good at a moments notice... would be the best wouldn't it?
I loved pink when I was little...I wanted a pink and a pink car. I think loving pink is the true sign of a genius! :-)
Enjoy pink while you can. She may end up refusing to wear it in a few years!
Post a Comment